Castle of Gruyères
Gruyères, FR al sito internet
November to March: 10 am - 5 pm
April to October: 9 am - 6 pm
Last entrance 45 minutes prior closing.
The castle is open all year.
- Adult: CHF 12.-
- Senior citizens and students: CHF 8.-
- Child (6-15 years): CHF 4.-
Groups / families
family offer (2 adults and up to 3 children): CHF 25.-
As from 15 people: CHF 8.-
- Children under 6 years
- Schools (class visits with teacher)
- Swiss Museum Pass
- Raiffeisen Member Card
- ICOM (International Council of Museums)
- Swiss Museums Association (AMS)
- Association of Friends of the Château de Gruyères
The castle isn't wheelchair accessible.
No dogs are allowed into the Castle, Esplanade, Courtyard or French Garden.
There are picnic areas around the village of Gruyères.
Gruyères has many restaurants. Taste the regional specialities including a Fondue moitié-moitié, Borne ham or double-cream meringues.
By public transport
- Stop: Gruyères-Gare / Pringy (15 minutes walk to the Medieval Town and Castle)
- Train: Bern - Lausanne line, with change in Palézieux
- Train and Bus: Bern - Lausanne line, with changes in Fribourg and Bulle
- Motorway A12 (exit Bulle).
- Parking at the entry of the town, 500 meters from the castle.
The region around Gruyères offers a wide range of nature and sporting activities.
The city has various categories of hotels.