Castle of Yverdon
Yverdon-les-Bains, VD al sito internet
Wednesday to Sunday: 11 am to 6 pm
Open on all public holidays, including Easter and Whit Monday.
Closed on Mondays, as well as 25th December and 1st January.
- Adults : CHF 12.-
- Senior citizens, students, apprentices, unemployed : CHF 9.-
- Children over 6 : CHF 7.-
- Combined tickets for the science-fiction museum of la Maison d’Ailleurs, are also available.
- Adults: CHF 10.-
- Senior citizens, students, apprentices, unemployed : CHF 7.-
- Children over 6: CHF 5.-
- One accompanying person free of charge.
- 50% for the holders of the Carte Culture Caritas
- BCV EXTRA: CHF 2.- discount on an adult entrance fee
- Excluding temporary exhibitions: discount of CHF 2.- on adult rates and CHF 1.- on AHV, student, apprentice, unemployed and children aged 6 and over.
- First Sunday of the month
- Swiss Museum pass
- Swiss Travel System Tickets
- ICOM – AMS
- Raiffeisen card
- Schools in Yverdon-les-Bains
- Member of AMY (les amis du Muséum d'Yverdon)
- Members of MuMode (Swiss Museum of Fashion)
Dogs are not allowed in the castle area.
The castle's cellars, courtyard and the Bernese halls are wheelchair accessible.
Coffee, tea and cold beverages.
In the vicinity
There are several cafés and restaurants on the Pestalozzi square, in front of the castle, as well as nearby.
- Restaurant de la Place
- Restaurant Le Trèfle Gourmand
- Restaurant du Château
- Pizzeria - Spaghetteria le Bar du Coq
- Café de la Promenade
The Museum is a 5 minute walk from the Yverdon-les-Bains train station.
There are parking spaces just outside the castle.
- There are many cycling and walking routes, especially along the Lake Neuchâtel. For example, you can go from Yverdon-les-Bains to Estavayer-le-lac, through Yvonand, or from the Castle of Yverdon-les-Bains to the Castle of Grandson.
- Boat trips on the Lake Neuchâtel.
- The Grande Cariçaie natural parc and the Pro Natura Centre of Champ-Pittet.
- The most important megalithic site in Switzerland ; the Neolithic menhir site of Clendy.
- The thermal centre of Yverdon-les-Bains. Spas, natural therapies and 24.5°C sulphurous water.
- Differents shops in the historic pedestrian centre of Yverdon-les-Bains.
- A weekly farmer's market, with local and seasonal products. Every Saturday on the Pestalozzi square, just outside the castle, and every Tuesday on the Promenade Auguste Fallet.
- Hôtel du Théâtre 3*, Yverdon-les-Bains
- Hôtel de la Source 3*, Yverdon-les-Bains
- Hôtel La Prairie 4*, Yverdon-les-Bains
- Grand Hôtel des Bains 4*S, Yverdon-les-Bains
- Camping Yverdon Place 4*, Yverdon-les-Bains
- Many guesthouses and Bed and Breakfasts.