We are the National Association of Swiss Castles. We represent their cultural, political and commercial interests at home and abroad. Our establishments are to be found in unique environments: they are proudly enthroned on hills, nestled picturesquely by lakes or adopted as town landmarks. A visit to a castle always forms part of an overall experience – as the destination of a walk or boat trip or the highlight of a city tour.
We offer events, guided tours and productions, always tailored to the target group and always at the location itself. In our hands, the establishments and their settings become unique lived experiences as destinations, oases of recreation and historical resources.
THE SWISS CASTLES was founded in September 2014 and currently represents 25 castles across ten cantons in three linguistic regions. No more than 30 establishments will be accepted, all meeting the association's quality standards in terms of facilities, services, innovation and sustainability.
Members of the board are:
- Marco Castellaneta, President, Director Museum Aargau
- Juri Clericetti, Director Organizzazione turistica Regionale (OTR) Bellinzonese e alto Ticino
- Daniel Furter, Director Museum Burgdorf Castle
- Thomas Gnägi, Director Museums Werdenberg Castle
- Barbara Egli, Director Museum Spiez Castle
- Catherine Vermeil, Vice Director Prangins Castle
+41 (0)62 887 12 12
THE SWISS CASTLES